The Gokyo Valley is perhaps the most spectacular of the valleys in the Everest region and while the trail to Everest Base Camp gets close to the world's highest mountain there are those who suggest the view from Gokyo Peak offers the best panoramic view in the region. The trail to Gokyo has a network of small lodges which have recently seen big improvements in food and accommodation facilities. This now makes the programme ideally suited to lodge-based trekking. The highlights are many, the sensational Ngozumpa Glacier, one of the largest in the Nepal Himalaya, the lakes at Gokyo, and the side trek to the top of Gokyo Kang (5360m) where the views are the amongst the most spectacular in Nepal including four 8,000-metre peaks: Cho-Oyo (8153m), Makalu (8475m), Lhotse (8511m) and, of course, Mount Everest (8848m).
Gokyo Lake/Everest Panorama Trek
Home land of Sherpa people, Buddhist cultural experiences, an ultimate dream for all adveneturous people to see Everest, Famous mountaineering region, unforgettable panoramic views, well conserved vast bio-diversity.Accessibility
Round trip from Lukla, trek start from and returns to Lukla and the flight takes about 35 minute.The Route
Max. Altitude 5545 m. Kalapathar, need acclimatization day, about 5-6 hr. walk per day trail moderate to strenuous.Facility
Well-managed teahouse Trek & camping trek.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamndu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2840m) to Phakding (2610m)
Day 03: Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazar (3440m)
Day 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazar
Day 05: Namche bazar to Mong Danda (3800m)
Day 06: Mon danda (3800m) to Dole (4200m)
Day 07: Dole (4200m) to Machhermo (4470m)
Day 08: Machhermo (4470m) to Gokyo Lake (4470m)
Day 09: Exploration day around Gokyo Lake
Day 10: Gokyo Lake to Luza (4360m)
Day 11: Luza (4360m) to Mong Danda
Day 12: Mong Danda to Namche Bazar
Day 13: Namche Bazar to Lukla
Day 14: Flight to Kathmandu & City sightseeing
Day 15: International departure
Given package includes the following services:
Package does not include
- International and domestic airport pick up and departure service
- 2-nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu B/B plan.
- Entry permits to Sagarmatha National Park
- Authorized trekking guide and porters as well as their necessary Insurance, meals and allowances
- Three meals during the trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and overnight accommodation in teahouse lodge or camping in the tant along the trail.
- Domestic airfare for guest and guide and domestic airport tax (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- First-aid service and Govt. tax, VAT Times card national park fee etc...
- Dinner and Lunch in Kathmandu
- International airport tax.
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled
- Drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc….