Makalu Expedition Mountaineering in a professional and committed manner. Mt. Makalu (8,463m / 27,767ft) (The Great Black One) was first climbed by the French in 1955 and is the world’s 5th highest mountain at 8,463m. Situated between Everest and Kanchanjunga , on the Nepali-Tibetan border. Our expedition we’ll trek from Tumlingtar Flight , just above the Arun River to Makalu Base Camp at approximately 5100 meters. We’ll ascend via the Northwest Ridge establishing 4 high camps on the mountain. Our strong team will fix ropes as required. Depending on our fitness, we’ll be moving up and down the mountain several times, acclimatizing and stocking the higher camps. This expedition is fully supported. Gary Guller will manage the expedition and has considerable experience in the Makalu-Barun National Park . Makalu is a very beautiful but extremely challenging, and potentially dangerous mountain. Barely more than 200 mountaineers have stood on her summit Makalu should be treated with the utmost respect. the team must work together as a team and stay committed, period Lying in northeast region of Nepal , Makalu peak is am impressive mass of red granite and close neighbor of Mt Everest . The French team first climbed Makalu in 1955 led by Jean Franco and we climbed ourselves in 1974. There are several routes on the mountain as many as five, but we choose one of the safest and more accessible routes. We start from Tumlingtar by flight above the Arun river then towards the beautiful Barun valley, which is most infrequently visited valley and finally setting up Makalu Base Camp at an altitude of 4,825m, we commence the climb and upon completion of the expedition we retrace the route via the same route and take panoramic flight to Kathmandu.
DETAIL ITINERARY :
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly KTM to Tumlingtar.
Day 03-12: Tumlingtar-Makalu Base Camp
Day 13: Higher Base Camp
Day 14-50: Climbing period.
Day 50-65 Makalu Base Camp-Hille.
Day 66: Hille -Kathmandu by bus.
Day 67- 68: Rest day at Kathmandu
Day 69: Departure from Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and hotel trasfers
- Hotel Accomodation in Kathmandu
- Domestic flights and all ground transportaion
- Fooding & lodging during trekking & expedition
- TIMS fees
- Expedition Royalty and permit to climb
- Garbage Managements fees
- Permit for satellite phone or walkie talkie
- Liasion officer’s allowances and accomodation
- Insurance for staffs during expedition
- International flight airfare
- Travel and personal insurance
- Extra nights accomodation in kathmandu & other places than the scheduled itinerary
- Emergency rescue cost if required
- All personal expenses such as any alcoholic beverages,snacks,internet,telephone,laundry etc
- Personal clothing,climbing gears and medical kits
- Filmimg and drone permit fees
- Tips to guides,staffs and porters